Korean Language Experience Hanmadang (May and September, twice a year)
All students, divided by admission semester, will participate in Korean Language Challenge Golden Bell (Quiz Show) and show their Korean language skills. There will be a writing contest when students can experience expressive freestyle Korean writing. This will increase interest and understanding as well as grow unity amongst group members.
- a. Strengthening the status of foreign undergraduate students: As foreign students as participants of the Korean language event, it will regularly represent and promote Yonsei University. It will pull student participants and will strengthen the status of GLD being worthy of having the same of foreigner undergraduate college
- b. Video production, sample questions and results content development: After recording the event, a video will be produced and will be uploaded to the homepage and used to promote it. Carefully selected winning pieces from the writing contest will be provided through the homepage.
Connected course Korean language reading, writing support (101, 102 connected courses)
A program for T4 and lower students who lack in Korean communication skills will provide individual guidance that will run at all times throughout the semester connected with 101 and 102 courses
- a. Individually focused guidance based on expertise: The academic advisor will take responsibility of the student who requested assistance until the student is able to achieve basic Korean spelling and writing ways. The student will be get support so that they are capable of completing the general writing process by themselves.
Korean Language Tutoring
A Korean writing program between students that will that will run throughout the semester for students T4 and under aimed for students who lack in Korean communication skills.
- a. Providing ways of attracting tutors: An announcement will be put up, focusing on Korean students. There will be 3—4 tutees to 1 tutor. When the tutoring ends, the tutor will receive volunteering credits or a certificate proving they took part in the program.
- b. Increasing education effects through the tutor’s prior education and process: Increased education effectiveness through tutoring and curriculum monitoring. Based on the results of the study, advance education of tutors based on learning outcomes based on the characteristics of GLD students. Increase training effectiveness by periodically monitoring the progress of the process
- c. Side by Side Results Management Program: Apart from the simple matching and giving a scholarship, the bet tutoring group will turn in their result materials and have a showcase event and the content will be shown online. This will promote the programs effectiveness, continue the operation of the program, and results management.